Wednesday, June 17, 2009

16.6.09 Jewish-Arab Women’s Healing Circle

11 women. Palestinian, Jewish, Israeli, American—these designations are overlapping, redundant? We’re all humans.

Professional healers. Amateur learners. What does it mean to be trained in healing? Can we train ourselves? Heal ourselves?

Women coming together. Sitting together. Eating together. Touching each other.

Women in veils, unwrapped. Women in veils, touching me. Head shoulders knees and toes. Warm hands. Universal energy for universal problems?

My hands on her uncloaked body. She wears a purple sweat suit, but seems naked. Her breath, it slows, and she rests. I wonder how often she gets to breathe.

The woman next to me, they touch her and she cries. As if she needed the energy just to cry.

People who touch each other are no longer strangers. But what are we? I hardly know your name. Could we all touch like this? Is this what it means to be a neighbor? I could never hate you.

Professional healers, critiquing each other. Digging at each other. Spying, lovingly. They want to save the world, in their own ways. I wish they could work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment